Why Work? Forum Index Why Work?
Creating Livable Alternatives to Wage Slavery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Why Work? Forum Index -> Feedback & Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broken Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Strange Question Reply with quote

Many times, when I try to access isis.phpbb3now.com, the page just doesn't load. It's like I am blocked by spooks. Paranoia mean destroyer.
yougetajob

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same thing often happens to me.

I see there's a help forum at phpbb3now. Maybe a solution is to be found there.
whyjob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that spam has taken over that forum, so now I hide out in this one by myself hahaha, I have my own forum to say crap in and no one can stop me. HEY, YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Leisurist, for today is a good day to relax
Broken Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no spam at isis... just some folks with bad attitudes who don't take any shit from anyone ...

You see me. I see you. Sometimes we throw our poop. If you don't mind.

Very Happy
Some people hear their inner voices with great clearness, and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy ... or they become legend. They won't be using my sperm to create an army of slaves - that's for damn sure.
whyjob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well specifically when I wrote that message a month ago, there had been spam. And I wouldn't necessarily say people had bad attitudes over there. You self destructed and started playing the victim, like everyone was out to get you. And closing sections off of your forum, so they couldn't post pretty much ended that few month run as admin.

Debbie
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you two been off playing somewhere else and got in a ruck then? I knew I shouldn't let you out on your own Smile

www.idlefoundation.net
whyjob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

click bs's link, and that was the forum we were posting in for a few months.

Nat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike's board isn't gone, and he is still admin. Nobody but Mike gets to say when his "run is admin is over."

Yes, Mike did go a little haywire for a while, but it happens. The board survived and I am still there, whether anyone else is or not. And frankly, no one else needs to be there.

Anyone is welcome, of course, but neither Mike or myself are dependent on popular approval. We can carry on by ourselves, if necessary.
Broken Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Why post? Reply with quote

Whyjob wrote:
click bs's link, and that was the forum we were posting in for a few months.

Actually, we still are posting there. Thanks Nat.

Whyjob wrote:
I wouldn't necessarily say people had bad attitudes over there.

I was talking about my bad attitude. The one with the bad attitude was me - And I won't apologize for that. Hell, that's me and my unbroken spirit. My name at whywork was meant to be ironic.

Whyjob wrote:
You self destructed and started playing the victim, like everyone was out to get you. And closing sections off of your forum, so they couldn't post pretty much ended that few month run as admin.

I had hid some forums because a woman requested a place where only women could post ... but that did not gel, so I unhid it.

There were some complaints about other forums, so I hid those. I was trying to please everyone, and this just caused me grief.

So, what you see is what you get. There will be hidden forums as needed. Most of the forums are accessible to everyone, and, whatever schemes I had in place preventing certain people from posting in certain forums ended when I did away with the "groups" I had created.

I still have a bad attitude and I am still admin there. Why would my "run" be over? I have this need to express myself, and when gortbusters.org went down, Debbie welcomed me here with open arms. I made it in before the doors were bolted closed.

Of course, seeing as no new posters could join in, coupled with the threat of the site disappearing in September 2009, I wanted to create a forum that would be a haven for work-dodgers from CLAWS as well as Gortbuster Warriors from Children Respecting Our World ...

Then I realized that now I was free to out-gortbust gortbusters and out-claws CLAWS so to speak ... Not merely asking "why work?" but even "why live?". I could do this without restraint, without worrying about catching hell from The Aborigine.

I was going to create this site anyway - just for creative freedom. It would have been cool if it was actually able to become what you may have envisioned, but it is far from a failure. It's my brainchild. It's my outlet, my haven. Unlike the president of Iran, I don't mind people walking out on me during my sermon. Oh -- that's right - I don't think he's too concerned about it either.

As for spam, it still slips through, but I am quick to ban the IP of the spammers.

Now, as for closing sections off, that is still always my perogative. I don't understand why you would accuse me of "playing the victim" Whyjob. I was serious about my instincts. I really felt my haven had been infiltrated by those who wished to turn it into a circus.

That happened to whywork.org, where we may have been made to look like lunatics or fools just to discredit our serious attempts to discuss views suppressed by the dominant society. I did not want to see that happen at isis.

Losing antagonists is not a thing to mourn. When I am dead and gone, people can say what they will about me. They can twist my words and think whatever they want. As long as I am still alive and can access the Internet, I will continue to stand up for myself and to defend what I love.

People may not be out to get me, Whyjob, but there are those who may enjoy poking me with a stick or attempting to make me feel less significant than I am. Some people really are out to eat my spirit - and they will eat your spirit too if you let them. I would rather be an angry thinker who fights off antagonists and hecklers than to walk around sad and depressed because I did not stick up for myself.

It seems that some people just logged on to poke me with a stick or to ridicule my ideas. I don't have that kind of time. Besides, with the economy being what it is, there are tons of job openings for CIA agents and pseudo-military agents. They will focus on undermining our confidence through ridicule. Currently, ignoring us seems to be their fool-proof strategy.

I am my own boss. I don't even call Mr. Springsteen "the boss" ... I need "creative freedom" and I just can't please everyone.

Haven't I been honest throughout this process?

There is still time to salvage whywork.org - It is not one of my projects. Why not look into getting the admin of this board to release it so others can join?

If I offended you personally with comments about "White Christians" or something similar, I do apologize for that. I can't promise not to be offensive.

Over at isis, I am a loose cannon ... and sometimes I am a lit fuse ... Swinging at the fences. I am a mad animal. And yet, I can articulate myself pretty well, so I do just that.

See you around, Whyjob. Protect your spirit.

Last edited by Broken Spirit on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Broken Spirit

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are having a serious technical problem at isis.phpbb3now.com where none of us are able to post. I checked the settings ... nothing peculiar there. I have no idea how to solve this problem. In fact, I created a new site using phpbb3now again, and it has the same problem.

The "help forum" says: Support Section Not Available at This Time

I don't really have access to a computer ... so I can only do so much.

I created isis.forumotion.com if anyone is interested. I will try to keep forums to a minimal this time.

Also, I have become a menace again and people are complaining ... So, it feels like a noose is around my neck. I am at the point where I feel I need some psychiatric attention --- I may be my own worst enemy.

silent octavius from isis sent me this article: Listening to Madness: Why some mentally ill patients are rejecting their medication and making the case for 'mad pride.'

I guess I am feeling vulnerable right now.

For those of you who are wondering what is going on, it looks like we are dead in the water. Maybe this is a sign for me to just stop what I've been doing for these past six years. It might be best if I lay low and keep my "theories" to myself. Or maybe I'll just forge ahead ...

Maybe we'll meet up in "the Spirit World" --- Protect your spirits. I am not sure what is around the bend.
Broken Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, once again, the website isn't loading. I don't have the gumption or the motivation to start a new forum ... besides that, I had a good deal of "work" stored there (songs, poems, essays). Needless to say, it's discouraging. There were a few cats there with interesting things to contribute.

Anyway ... I have a back-up site - actually, http://exit.phpbb3now.com - that I use when this happened at phpbb3now, not that anyone is even interested besides a few ... Hell ... I'm happy just for the few who are catching my broken spirit. Smile

So ... how easy is it
to break my cyber-spirit?

Now I'll just lay down and sulk, I guess. Or join Whyjob in silent obscurity.

It appears that none of the phpbb3now.com sites are operating.

ho hum. At least I tried.

~ Broken Soul

Last edited by Broken Spirit on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Broken Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread may or may not continue at isis.phpbb3now.com ... under the thread Regrouping

- Mike Smile
Some people hear their inner voices with great clearness, and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy ... or they become legend. They won't be using my sperm to create an army of slaves - that's for damn sure.
Broken Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Blake & Bon Iver: Fall Creek Boys Choir

Looks like it's just me and you, whyjob. Wanna race to 2000 posts? I'll even give you a head start. You may need it! Smile

Come on, whyjob, let's get on our soap box and preach to the crickets! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr[COUGH]rrrrrrrHAHAHAheeheheheheh[COUGH]

Losing antagonists is not a thing to mourn.

Whyjob says (to himself): "BS got a cheap bottle of brandy and convinced someone to let him use their computer."

Broken Spirit says, BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP <<< CUT !!!>>>

Bozo the Clown and Ronald McDonald pull up in ambulance and take BS away in handcuffs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Why Work? Forum Index -> Feedback & Suggestions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: