Why Work? Forum Index Why Work?
Creating Livable Alternatives to Wage Slavery

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Next Level of Manipulation?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Why Work? Forum Index -> The Tin Foil Hat Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, BS, you are right about soldiers being traumatized by the encounter with the military. You seem pretty clear in general in your journaling there. Someone said about something, I forget what, but it applies "It's personal, but don't take it personal".

I'm not sure where your available stepping stones might be politically in your situation, but you could tape record your rides without the driver knowing it. Who to share it with is the question. There used to be free lawyers for Social Security recipients. A friend of mine was one in San Diego. Your rides don't sound like a very healthy scene, physically or psychically. Neither do the unoffical side comments from the counselor. Somebody is mentioning a workhouse, eh? Well, that won't be too far down the line, the way things are going. I imagine it will be played off as similar to one of FDR's programs, only there will be less or no choice, and there might be implants. Scary world, for sure.

Living like what you described is not being "out" of the system by any stretch of the aesthetics or philosophy. Be strong. Know yourself, at least so you can indentify the vibes coming from outside yourself and can rest in your own vibes. It definitely helps to be unattached to death no matter what the scene is. Especially so with a road rage driver.
Broken Spirit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rides are not healthy, but if they require I get there on my own, I would be hard pressed to travel such a distance. It would cost too much with trains, and even with the train, the strain of reporting to the place would outweigh the benefit of reporting there. I will stay strong and rest in the little security I do have.

"Your rides don't sound like a very healthy scene, physically or psychically. Neither do the unoffical side comments from the counselor. Somebody is mentioning a workhouse, eh? Well, that won't be too far down the line, the way things are going. I imagine it will be played off as similar to one of FDR's programs, only there will be less or no choice, and there might be implants. Scary world, for sure."

Implants? [shuddering]

And medication for law enforcement that will limit their empathy for the masses. Is there no dignity left for mankind?

It's a volatile brew. Dying may be preferable to living certain lives. My stubborn will to survive is only just so stubborn. For now, I'm entrenched in the system so I have to be careful in the manner that I go about disentangling myself from the agencies I've become dependent upon for basic survival. Along the way, I have to do as others do in this world, protecting ourselves against the hostile vibes on the loose out here: rest in my own vibes.

The universe seems to be absurd, the way it is "working on me" - but it is working on all of us I presume.
Some people hear their inner voices with great clearness, and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy ... or they become legend. They won't be using my sperm to create an army of slaves - that's for damn sure.
Ergasiophobic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon the interjections: Who said we're not domesticated? :^P Moooooooo

One of the most ridiculous things ever. Err, I mean, "How fucking stupid!"
xog

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Domesticated, homoginized, ground and bleached, GMOed.......
yougetajob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's friggin nuts Erg. I wonder how long it took for this to go from absurd (at least I hope it was), to just part of daily life. And to think they acutally hire people to push these people on. It's madness.
Ergasiophobic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Earth after Humans! Reply with quote

Wow, I just discovered this video on google and just in the first 4 and a half minutes it's been enormously thought-provoking. So anyone who hasn't seen it before may want to give it a watch. The title isn't quite succinct enough. I would have went with "Earth after Humans!" So that should give you a better idea of what it's about.

[url]Life after People[/url]
freethinker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the link?
Ergasiophobic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purposely left it out, sorry. Just search google video. Smile
It's over an hour and a half.

Here's a different clip that's similar too.

Also some good commentsfrom both sides of the fence of this matter. Also click on the show links for those comments that have been censored - only pussies do censorship. :^P

There are good points from each side, as I said, and validity from each side as well. The ammount of labor it takes to maintain our infrastructure is staggering - no wonder I used to feel as though society fights a losing battle. We are literally at war with the planet to maintain our way of life. There's no reason we couldn't move toward more co-existence.

I read comments on this in forums proposing that the elite want this to happen , of course, saving a select few. Some are up in arms, but really... what would it matter? I mean, surely if we were exterminated, now that's a problem, but if we just gradually dwindled down to a reasonable number who didn't maintain such a farce, it's no big deal really. If you long for our current way of life then it is a big deal.

Some say they'd be glad to see this - no more wars... but couldn't even wars be viewed as natural?

But another problem is as i've mentioned previously in this thread: that the earth cannot escape the wrath of an exploding, dying sun. Neither can any life left on it. The only way out is up to us, presently. If we go, it all goes. Should we even care? I mean, is the universe really so better with us in it? Is it really better with any of earth's life form in it?

Are we any better by wasting our time talking about this? Smile

And I have speculated that we need capitalism - the competition - to fuel the technology to escape this prison and spread life, but which will win at our current rate? Us or earth? Or the sun? Could we do good enough with more cooperative efforts, rather than divisive? Things appear increasingly paradoxical. Symbiotic? Predatorial? Cooperating/Devouring. I'm in a ying/yang yo-yo. Just as water requires the right amount of hyrogen and oxygen or else you get something other than water, we must find that perfect balance that creates what we want.
xog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yin/yang yo yo. :-) Yep. That's the Tao.

Erg, your missive is loaded with terms of combat and competition. Those kinds of consciousness coming from a peace oriented civilian such as yourself is what a returning combat veteran sees around him everywhere and considers to be proof that everything is war, which feeds all of his PTSD reactions. I can't help but think the link you gave was an indoctrination towards that war consciousness in some misinformative way, because it has you talking the way you are. It appears that you got hyped. I suggest that the fearful emotions of the desparation you feel only feed the war mongers' goals; gain through destruction. If there is a soul eating god of war, it is sucking your neck right now. Better, I think, to wash your brain of that brainwashing, in whatever way works for you.

It's true, I think, that the end of Mankind is at hand, by our own hand, due, I think, mostly to our perception that life is in terms of Nature vs us, and visa versa. Surely you see that it is futile to battle Nature. Nature extends beyond our understanding of it, beyond the bounds of Earth and our solar system. Nature in a very real sense IS the universe. Is Mankind delusional enough to think it can battle the universe and win? I mean, what would be left if the speck of dust that Mankind is could and did win? A vacuum to float around in. Wwwwwwooooonnnnnnnderful.

Besides, what in life does not end? What worth is there clinging to a vain hope that an end can be defered? What quality or quantity of "caring" will change any of that?

Yeah, the sun may belch. It is belching. One good gross solar belch and that's the end of life as we define it. But it's only the end of life as we define it. It's not even the end of life as we know it. And what the hell has Mankind proven that it knows about life and how to live within it? What one thing has Mankind done that proves it is worthy of continued existence? Tombstones? Rows upon rows of them in Virginia and every battlefield? People dying and rotting in the streets from starvation and neglect? Literature? I enjoy a good read, but so what? Sports? Keeping score at all? Tall buildings? Underground cities inspired by paranoia?

Yeah, the "they" we all dispise and distrust may well facilitate Mankind doing itself in. Or maybe "they" already have. I mean, it could be that the rush you and everyone else are feeling is just the already happening freefall of our species after having been already driven over the cliff of existence, the bottom of the chasm, the end, appearing to be quickly rising to meet us, where we will just rot, and, if the sun then belches, vaporize, Wiley E. Coyote-esqe, the roadrunner armed beyond our means, wearing some kind of uniform, looking over the edge of the cliff for the poof of dust our landing makes, the Acme sun exploding in the sky. Then Elmer Fudd saying "M-nee M-nee M-nee, that's all folks.

Personally, I think, if the sun is going to be in catalyst of our demise, there is nothing one can do but enjoy the remaining time as much as possible. And if it is Mankind who will tilt or has tilted the scale, what can be done about it from our position? Nothing. Caring with no potential of positive effect makes not one whit of difference. Caring is not a badge of innocence. It is only an expression of attachment to what one has or imagines one has, and of the desire to keep enjoying having it. And expressing that concern out through a bunch of virtual 1's and 0's to a limited few comiserators will accomplish nothing, even a release of inner tension. I guess we could work up a song from our comiserations, and sing it to entertain ourselves. But it seems a bit masterbatory. That is not to say that getting off is not a good thing. You know, I've always wondered if any couples were caught making love when Pompei went off, their forms forever encased in ash, and then clay. I wonder what positions they were in. Still, curiosity sated or not, it is truly an ashes to ashes, dust to dust thing, eh? But there it is. What is the best thing one can do? Make love.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not recommending apathy at all. I think we need to live our lives to the fullest of our own ability, if for no other reason than being kind to ourselves. I just feel giving into fear is not only a waste of time, but is counterproductive to the max. Better, I think, to let any twinge of fear lift you into awareness, and motivate you toward satisfying yourself. I think to extend that or any satisfaction one must harmonize with Nature and one's environment. So, I'm not recommending breaking any law. That would generate more paranoia at best, and land you in jail at worst, neither of which is not pleasurable at all. Nor do I recommend imposing your will upon another, which, really, is evil unmasked of all claptrap. In fact, I'm not recommending anything beyond enjoying what time you have without poisoning your experience with fear.

In truth, I am nobody to recommend anything for anybody. I am just myself. And I could well be wrong.
xog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I wrote that last post I flashed on two things. One, that what I wrote is what I tell myself when I get into the head space I imagined you to be in. And, two, I once saw an end of the world type movie that had the dedicated scientist treking to the projected impact site somewhere in Mexico, the place he had calculated, of a world ending comet, so he could report the experience for some reason. Doesn't make sense to me, because the end is the end, right? End of history and anybody to read it. But, you know, it was a movie. He went through all kinds of human and natural chaos to get there. Once there, a number of assorted type people were already there, peacefully sitting around just waiting for the comet to hit, called to the spot by some inner voice or vision. One of those people was an old Indian sitting there smoking weed in his peacepipe. The scientist asked him if he was afraid and why he was there. The old Indian said he wasn't afraid and just wanted to see the light coming to earth, then offered the scientist a poke on the pipe. Of course, he didn't poke, let alone not inhale. But they sat peacefully next to each other, as the violin music built and the grumbling synthesized bass sound growled louder, then the screen when white, then started listing credits.

What that all means, I do not know.
Ergasiophobic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post but hmmm, do I sound afraid of something or PTSD'd? Smile I don't feel like it... Though one doesn't have to go to war to get PTSD and I have been through enough to cause it several times over, myself. It's not really me who said all of that though - I don't believe in channelers but perhaps I must, because the ideas channel right out of you, you know. I rather thought I was just posing ideas, questions, etc. and from different perspectives. As I said, thought provoking.

Attachment? You couldn't be more right - it is an attachment to want humanity to survive. I'm in agreement that humanity can't win this game, so we might as well stop playing and if we're going to play at all it should be for the preservation of life but again you are correct, that's my own agenda which no one else may give a fuck about, so no use crying.

[Added with edit] (the 'game' i'm referring to is pulling weeds out of the cracks of the cement every 18 months to render it devoid of unwanted life, mowing grass constantly, raking leaves that just fall again, painting steel rails over and over again to insulate from the weather, etc. - it seems so futile. I can't believe we do all of this labor to get this result. I guess that's why i'm lazy Smile It was asked in another thread what jobs we could really get rid of and here we have constant enormous amounts of labor dedicated to just keeping the earth subdued instead of living with and in it we erase it. I can't say it's wrong but we should at least ask the question.

There was a 150-pound cougar lose in Chicago not long ago - the cops had no tranquilizers and so were forced to shoot it. Some cry how mean it is... is it? what would that cougar do to kids in the playground? Some say shooting it was the right thing to do... was it? Why are our priorities the most-important or right? Seems no matter which you choose you're right 'and' wrong. And perhaps the same goes for fence-sitting?)

And again, you are right, and i've always considered it so, that no life is inherently better than any other, and by life I mean everything. The sun has just as much right to swallow the earth and us all, as we do to survive on, and i'd say more so. But such is the human condition - self-conscious and attachment to that awareness as inherently the best that the universe has baked up to date, but is it? May we find that photons do indeed communicate? What of everything else? Are we fool to think that we have the only form of communication and awareness that should survive and dominate all forever? The best there ever will be? Ever has been? Probably not.

Hmm, am I defenseless? Did you criticize me? About what? Maybe my defenses are kicking in... feel free to slap me. Smile

The video is dangerous (again, I agree) and I was not sure if I should post it actually. I was aware of possible brainwashing beforehand - psy-ops, control, planting the seed of someones agenda. Memes are such hitchikers and can be so dangerous, but truth and a penchant for analyzing and learning sends one into dangerous territory for sure. The ability to imagine what will happen when we are gone... wow, incredible ability - like time-travel or observing when your observation faculties have long since disappeared from existence. But the main thing that I walked away with from these ideas is not "what will it be like when we're gone?" but "what was it like before we came?" Because in doing so we can see what our effect has been. It's posited that the earth is warming - are we the cause? Would it be cooler without us? How cool? Too cool? Could we survive if we hadn't gradually increased in number, thus increasing the planet temperature to be more hospitable? If we were all just plopped here, all 6.5 billion at the same time would the temperature kill us before we had our chance to warm the planet? It seems clear after thinking of these ideas that we generate much heat for the planet - and to those who think it was made just to support human life, or even life for that matter... how sure are you?

I just think, think, think and sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's good but if i'm not too attached and don't make rash actions on those thoughts it will all come out fine in the end. This is why I try to never get too sure of myself. Smile And also, don't think I dismiss your points either. It's all taken to heart.

BTW the reason I removed the link is i'm not sure if it was allowed here - I don't wanna get booted if you catch my very vague drift.
xog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. I tend to think that if the earth was like it was before man entered the scene, and all of the sudden man was there as he is now, most of the people would be so wimped out they wouldn't last long, even if 6.5 billion of them bailed in at once. What a thought.

I was just rambling, nothing else. I wasn't critisizing anything or anyone. I just noticed a change in the flavor in your post, and began commenting. Eeeeks, me channeling!!!!? Look out world. I got it back when a friend called right after. He was droning on and on and on and on about the political situaiton in the world today. He's going to vote one way, and I'm going to vote another. So I just kept going "Yeah", "Yeah", "Yeah", on and on. Finally he heard himself, said he didn't want to bum me or himself out, and was going to take a nap. :-) Too bad it isn't that easy to put all the Republicans to sleep. I would have taken a nap too, just for justice if nothing else, if I didn't have to do some shopping and get a sonagram. No babies, don't worry. I won't hit you with virtual child support. :-). It was of my heart. I got refered because my new VA Doc said my ekg was odd. I took that to mean "alien", which makes sense to me. But it turns out it's normal, which is odd to me. Wierd looking thing, the heart. Like, it looks like a fleshy vulnerable thing, thumping away. Supposedly mine is okay, squirting in proper amounts on cue. It's a wonder. It was damn COLD in that office. Turns out the most stale joke heard in that office that men patients say is "Is it a boy or girl?" I admit, I said it. :-/ Then I asked if it was human. To that he just said it was normal. Could be he was sidestepping the issue, thinking I was wierd. If so, he was right.

Valid questions you ask; is it or isn't it, on each of those things? A bit like asking if something is black magic. Ans: It depends on which end of the stick you are on.
Ergasiophobic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Lol. I tend to think that if the earth was like it was before man entered the scene, and all of the sudden man was there as he is now, most of the people would be so wimped out they wouldn't last long, even if 6.5 billion of them bailed in at once. What a thought."

Oh yeah, for sure and for good reason as we'd be so vulnerable to all of the predators, nature's wrath, and lack of American Idol episodes... I kid :^P

Quote:
"I was just rambling, nothing else. I wasn't critisizing anything or anyone. I just noticed a change in the flavor in your post, and began commenting."

No problem. I just can't see what you're pointing to so I felt you maybe were just misunderstanding me but I assume you didn't watch the video so that would be a problem also.

And I meant to say defensive instead of defenseless.... freudian slip perhaps? lol

PTSD? I've been through plenty of crap through the years - not to compare to your being in a war, certainly, but I no doubt have at least a touch of whatever one labels PTSD and perhaps a touch of all of the other labels they have in their book, but oh, labels, how I hate thee sometimes... (I'm) Just a result of my experiences, I guess - same as we all are.

It's just a National Geographic show (though, just as likely to be brainwash-y toward some agenda) apparently based on a good book about the same subject. I was just amazed at how they portrayed nature's way of methodically reclaiming and destroying all that we've created, albeit slowy by human point of view, and in the blink of an eye in terms of the planet. In maybe 500 years most of our artifacts could be gone - 1000 to 2000 for all but a handful of manmade structures like Mount Rushmore, pyramids, and The Great Wall to be completely consumed. Salt and corrosion eating away at metals that we are no longer painting ever several years, termites and mold devouring wood that we are no longer painting every several years, Trees, grass and plants overgrowing and taking back sports fields, parks, roads, buildings - we do all of this labor for this - it's just pretty interesting. I didn't realize exactly the extent that we truly go to to maintain things the way we have them. Maybe I came off overzealous - it's a temporary position to balance other overzealous positions. Positives, negatives, checks and balances, etc. I think too many think one way and we need a portion to hold other positions. Much devil's advocate, I suppose. I'd rather not go too far either way though. Not sacrifice humans for earth nor earth for humans.

Another thing interesting was I had previously wondered that if we had once had an advance-like people on earth in the past or alien advanced life why were there not more items left from their civilizations but these ideas of earth reclaiming even wood and metals within 1000 or 2000 years could mean that the only thing we could expect to remain would be mainly the massive stone structures, and moreso in favorable climates. Which leaves things like Pyramids, statues etc. only.

Anyways, i'm talking out of my ass again at 5am. :^P Aloha. Not aloha hello, aloha goodbye. Smile

Oh, and good to hear that your heart is doing fine, of course. So... was it human? Did you say? lol
xog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freud's slip shows everywhere, does it not? :-) That man needs a good tailor.

Dinasaurs and no Am. Idol! Perish the thought. :-) Whoever could woo a T. Rex into wearing a saddle using unamplified song and dance would be ruler. I can see it now. The ruler astride a T. Rex, a cross on a chain around his or her neck, in front of the throngs, flashing the little and index finger sign, everyone chanting Seek Fame! Seek Fame! Seek Fame!

That was a good reflection on your part about channeling. Flashed me good. Lol. Thanks for the reflection. I can use all I can get. You couldn't see what I was pointing to because I was working hard not to point. Shoddy channeling, I suppose. I was leaving it up to you do come to some conclusion, as my way of avoiding channeling, and promoting free choice and free will. Someone says something, I get a hit and let it flow out, they get their hit, and the deal is done sort of thing. It's free, so I haven't been considering it channeling. But I do see the similarities I missed before. At least I don't ask for money. :-)

You're right, I didn't watch it. Not out of disinterest, but because I have slow as hell DSL. Any moving picture shows in 3 second bits with 10 to 20 seconds or more of just sitting there waiting for the next three second bit. It's hard to tell what is more frustrating; a two sylable incomplete word 3 second bit, or two and a half word 3 second bit. Boring, as well as feeling like it burns my brain cells even deeper with brainwashing. Not that I have anything better to do, or that my mind couldn't use some cleaning up. :-) You know, the older one gets, the easier it is to be lecherous, even if it is to no avail. I don't like to slow broken up messages. It's like listening to someone stuttering, or a hesitant lover with cold hands, or..... No cable to this area. I refuse to get a satellite dish due to paranoia.

Thanks for describing the video. Nat'l Geog. is a main line establishment org. for sure, even with the bare breasts. But the idea you describe is interesting. Yeah, pyramids, great wall, ancient stone structures not in a jungle, like in S. Am., C. Am, and Mex will remain and have remained visible. Also buried ancient writings on clay 3 to 6000 years ago or more, like in the Middle East. Some of those had to be of alien origin, it would seem. There is much more than "we the people" are allowed to know about, whatever the reason for that is. There was a statue named Anu that was found in the Middle East. Seems clear to me.

Paint. Hmmm. I hadn't considered its use in keeping things up. I bet that is one of the true sources of cancer.

Don't worry about Devil's advocacy. I'm all into that. I keep a stop watch set at 6.66 just to remind me. Even that supposed "good book" cops to the fact the Devil is the Light Bringer. Just don't make a deal that sells out on your own authority over yourself. His role is to bring the Light for free. Any deals are a scam.

I agree with you about PTSD. My wife had it from her childhood. The first few years of two people who have PTSD and are in love is a bowl of cherries, in the sense that getting centered is the pitts, with lots of tip toeing around puddles of diarhea and singing in and out of harmony choruses of "Biodegradability be praised!" between heated spats generated by simple miscommunication with self and the other. I knew a hippie peace activist who never served in the military and helped evaders get into Canada who had PTSD for sure. His manifest as on going acts of martyred acts of contrition to make up for the world's faux pas--wannabe saint with a humble mask. The government has a list of symptoms that can be found in most college libraries, likely buried in the basement somewhere in a pamphlet. Since war has been going on from the beginning, it would seem one has to think it's a burned pathway in the brain of every human.

Ah, well, my heart. The court is still out on that one. I tend to go with alien, at least metaphorically, even if the Doc said it was normal. I mean, the Doc could be an alien for all I know. :-) It was for sure too cold for humans in that room. Seeing it in that sonagram does in a lot of heady intellectualism. Alien or not, it's us and the amoebas, man.
Ergasiophobic

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great posts, Xog, that i'm still digesting. Smile

Quote:
"Paradoxically, one can go too far with not going too far. Smile"

Thanks for the reminder too!

"Over-thinking, over-analyzing separates my body from my mind. Withering my intuition, leaving opportunities behind." - Lateralus - Tool - Maynard

The Fibonacci Sequence in Lateralus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Why Work? Forum Index -> The Tin Foil Hat Club All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: